via Instagram http://ift.tt/20lZKaY
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1mkLDoI
I started nursing school when Macie was 2 months old. I was determined to continue breastfeeding, but didn’t know if I could continue the whole time I was in school. I had spoken with multiple people about breastfeeding, what to do, how to pump, how long to pump, etc. I was nervous because all of the breastfeeding sites told me that it’s hard to keep up supply, while just pumping during the day. Well, it has almost been a year since Macie was born, I’m about to graduate nursing school AND I’m still breastfeeding! All while being in school and away from her 8 hours a day, I still managed to keep up supply enough to still give her mommy milk for almost a year now. So moms, I am here to tell you, that you can do this! I get that you are tired, stressed, worn out, worried your baby won’t get enough, worried what people will think, I get all of that, because those same thoughts ran through my head to. Here are some things that I want you to know from one new “full time student” mom to another working or student mom:
1. You have to have a desire and a “want to” to be able to breastfeed for a year + and be working or going to school, because it takes discipline pumping that much for the first critical months.
2. I pumped three times a day while at school, and that’s the milk Macie would have the whole next day. You have to do this until at least 6 months to get your supply regulated. (Now at 11 months I do not have to pump at all, but we are slowly weaning also.)
3. Do not let people tell you and make you believe that if you have to supplement with formula as your child grows that you are a breastfeeding failure, and you are giving your child bad nutrition, etc. While I am an advocate for breastfeeding, I also believe that some breastmilk along with formula is better than no breastmilk at all! Whatever makes it easier on you, and keeps you able to breastfeed, then you should do it, and that also goes for supplementing! You are not abusing your child if you supplement. We use the Honest company formula to supplement for Macie, which is carefully modeled after breastmilk and is organic. We had to start supplementing around 6 months, because due to her growing needs, my body just couldn’t pump enough to keep her filled for the day. At first I beat myself up when I had to supplement, but then came to the conclusion, hey some people can’t breastfeed at all so I’m happy with breastfeeding, even if it is just three times a day.
4. One of the reasons why I love breastfeeding, besides the fact that it is amazing nutrition for your little. The best you can ever give them by far. Besides the nutrition, I LOVE the bonding time I get with my Macie. My favorite time of the day is getting to slow down for a moment and relax while I nurse her. I also think the calming effects that nursing has on your little is so sweet. Nursing has gotten us through multiple vaccine days, a hospital stay, sicknesses, etc, but that’s for a later blog post.
Basically the point of this post is to say if you are an expecting mom, contemplating going back to work and breastfeeding, I hope this gives you confidence that you can do it. Even if you have to supplement you are NOT a failure. Some breastmilk is better than no breastmilk at all. I truly believe that Macie would not have gotten over her RSV as quick as she did if we were not nursing. Carry your pump bag with you everywhere you go, pump your heart out when you get the chance, don’t beat yourself up if you have to supplement, and enjoy the benefits of breastfeeding you and your little receive. Good luck mamas 🙂
So my little Macie has RSV.. Again. This Saturday will be spent cuddling, playing, and lounging around in our PJs all day. The hubs worked graveyard last night so, He will expect lunch/dinner when he wakes up.. Good thing I popped some chicken in the crockpot this morning for chicken noodle soup because I’ve had a sick little girl laying on me all day. Macie hasn’t slept in two days but off and on literally… We are zombies in this household, but she’s finally napping so I’m going to go attack some laundry, possibly shower, and binge watch Jane the Virgin, until she wakes up! Please say a prayer for my best girl to feel better. Happy Saturday loves!
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1RMIdtg
Sunday night we went to visit our friends Dannielle and Zac, so Emma Kate (EK) and Macie had to have a movie night! They had a blast watching Frozen (well EK watched it while Macie hung all over her smothering her in hugs and kisses ) 😘. EK is obsessed with Macie literally talks about her 24/7, and Macie also LOVES EK she just looks at her and giggles repetively (which is super cute). EK also helped me feed Macie, and she did so good! She likes to help me change her diaper too (hands me the wipes), she’s going to be a great big sister one day when her mommy decides to have another! Any way.. They played all night, and were both completely worn out by the time we left. We had so much fun watching them together and I can’t wait to see them grow up together and become best friends ☺️🎀💗. Hope you love these pictures we took as much as I do!
I want to start this blog post by saying I’m in love with makeup and beauty products! I think makeup is so much fun, and I love how it feels once it’s on. I can’t wait until Macie wants me to teach her about makeup one day (not that she will ever actually need it) but I think every girl should have at least a little bit of makeup. It comes in pretty containers, it looks beautiful, and it will make you feel beautiful also. Because of my love for makeup and hair products, I wanted to post my top beauty products that I believe are a must have in your vanity. Here are a few products that I use every single day!
Elf makeup primer. This primer is one of my favorites that I have ever tried. It’s super cheap, but a great product. It goes on smooth, and even has a tiny shimmer to it, which I love. If shimmer is too much for you though, it also comes without shimmer. You can purchase this at Target or Walmart for $6. http://m.target.com/p/e-l-f-mineral-infused-face-primer-clear/-/A-13963733
Bare minerals is my go to and will always be. I like the fact that their foundation and products are all natural, and I have never found a product that goes on as smooth and feels as light on your face as Bareminerals does. My mom actually opened up a day spa called Simply You, just so we could sell Bareminerals products. That’s how much we love it. The complexion rescue is great, it’s new, and you can use it as a foundation or a BB cream. I use it as both, some days if I just want a light coverage to run errands, etc then I use it for my foundation, but most of the time I use it as a BB cream under my foundation. You can purchase this for $29.50 at http://m.bareescentuals.com/Complexion-Rescue/USmastercomplexionrescue,en_US,pd.html
Last year, Bareminerals came out with a liquid foundation. Usually I hated liquid foundations, because of how heavy and oily they felt, but Bareminerals Bareskin foundation feels like you have nothing on, but gives you amazing coverage! I love love love my foundation! You can purchase this for $31 at ulta, Sephora, or on Bare minerals website!
This is my all time favorite mascara, and of course it’s from Bareminerals. It’s a 10 in 1 mascara, and you can definitely tell! I have never been able to tell as big of a difference in my eyelashes before and after my mascara than I can with this mascara, it’s amazing! You can purchase for $19 at Ulta, Sephora, simply you day spa, or Bareminerals website.
This is my newest favorite hair product. As a new mom, I’m obsessed with dry shampoo. I don’t have time to wash my hair everyday, so this helps to freshen my day 2 hair up, and gives it tons of volume! I have dark hair, so a lot of dry shampoos I’ve tried shows up on my hair, but this one is sheer and smells so good which is always a plus! Jump on over to http://www.myamazingblowdrysecret.com and snag yourself one!
Hope you all enjoyed my beauty product post, check back soon for more makeup and beauty chat!
- One of my favorite baby items that I would hate to have to live without is my teething necklaces from The Vintage Honey shop! These necklaces are not only safe for your baby, because they are made with organic fabric and beads, they are also super stylish. They can dress up ANY outfit which I also love, because being a mom who is busy, I am in leggings and Tshirts almost all the time, so I can just throw on a necklace when I leave the house to add a little style to my life. I have gotten so many compliments on these necklaces, almost every time I go out someone comments on how cute these are, and most aren’t even mothers! That leads me to my next sentence…. These can be worn even after teething is over, because they are so stylish! These necklaces are not only stylish, safe for your baby, comfortable, they are also handmade by two super awesome women by the names of Jen and Mel who live in Nashville, TN! Which I think makes them even more special, because they are made by two mothers, each and every necklace is handmade with a mother in mind, which I find is amazing! So for a limited time they are going to offer a discount code for my followers to go and purchase a necklace!! Woo woo!! So hurry on over and snag yourself one! You can purchase them here at http://www.thevintagehoneyshop.com! Look for the discount code coming up soon on my Instagram: abbscadabs. Happy shopping!!
Ever since I had my baby in March, I have struggled with losing the baby weight. I haven’t really taken the time to buckle down, and try to eat better until just recently. I decided to do the Arbonne detox. I am a huge fan of all of Arbonne’s products, so I thought this would be the only way I can tolerate dieting, because the products are so good.
I’ve been doing the detox for a week now, and I am seeing some results already! I’m 5lbs down, which is huge for me, but even better is how good I feel. I was telling Trey earlier that since starting this detox, I have more energy, I feel great, and have no desire to eat bad! Ya’ll this detox is great, its more than just a detox for the 28 days you do it, you really can make this a lifestyle, because the products really work, and actually taste great! Take a look below at the Arbonne 28 day detox.
Arbonne products you will need:
-7 day detox
-herbal detox tea
-energy fizzys( these are my favorite things! They taste amazing and give me tons of energy, all while curbing my appetite.)
-Women’s daily power pack (can be purchased later on)
-Metabolism boost (optional)
A look at my day while doing the 28 day detox:
Wake up: I have a cup of detox tea, mix my huge arbonne water bottle up which includes: 7 day detox packet, 2 bottles of water and 2 energy fizz sticks. Next I make my smoothie with avocado, organic milk, banana, honey, and vanilla protein powder.
Snack : 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs, and sometimes an 8oz cup of coffee. ( you really aren’t supposed to have caffeine, but I really just love the taste of my morning coffee, and feel that if im doing this detox how I should, one cup of coffee wont hurt. hehe 🙂
Lunch: Protein shake with banana, strawberries, organic milk and honey.
Snack: hummus with pretzels, hard boiled eggs,organic cantina salsa with grilled chicken slices on a whole wheat wrap.
Dinner: Grilled chicken wraps with avocado ( if I dont eat that for lunch or snack) If so then I will sometimes alternate my lunch protein shake with my dinner shake vice versa. or grilled chicken salad with hard boiled eggs, peppers, organic dressing, tomatoes, and rice cheese. ( there are tons of healthy recipes on pinterest for dinners)
Bedtime snack: detox tea or a few almonds or hard boiled eggs ( I love hard boiled eggs on this diet they are my go to snack.)
*Mix greens and daily fiber in with your protein shakes once a day*
*Drink on your water, fizzys, and detox packet throughout the day*
*I have also been trying to run at least 8 miles a week, which can give me a little room for cheat meals ever once in awhile, but remember the whole point of the detox is to rid your body of toxins so don’t overdo it!
So that is the Arbonne detox, hope everyone loves it as much as I do!
Happy New Year!
So in March 2015,when my daughter was born, I discovered my new favorite hobby… MOTHERHOOD! I absolutely love being a mom, and I am obsessed with all things baby! This is where I will posts my favorite baby items that have made my life easier as a mother, and also items that are simply just cute and fun ☺️. I know this is probably going to be my favorite page of the whole blog, and I can’t wait to share it with you!
The Hubs has to work tonight so I get to spend my NYE cuddled up with my tiny human, which is amazing. I also ditched my diet for the occasion and treated myself to massive amounts of chocolate chip cookies 😍😍😍. Of course my New Years date didn’t last until the ball dropped because it’s nine o clock and she is already down for the count. So I thought I would reflect on 2015, which is definitely hands down the best year of my life so far. Here are some of my favorite moments from 2015:
Now for my Goals for 2016:
1. Spend more time with the Lord, and more time serving him and in his word drawing closer to Jesus.
2. Continue praying for my daughter and over her every single day, for her protection, and that she will turn out to be a Godly woman someday.
3. Continue to grow in my relationship with my husband.
4. To finally get settled in our new home completely!
5. To workout and live a healthier lifestyle for me and my family.
6. Grow my blog
7. Graduate Nursing school
8.Become a doula
9. Help someone make a change.
10. Have fun and make 2016 one to remember.
Happy New Years everyone!